Installing the Stork Slice Manager
Note: The Stork Slice Manager currently is not
supported on Windows. Windows support will be included in a future release.
1. Install dependencies
The Stork Slice Manager requires the following:
- cURL available at
Available from http://curl.haxx.se/
or through your
operating system's package manager, e.g. on Fedora:
2. Download the stork-enduser-tar package
Download the latest
stork-enduser-tar-x-y.tar.gz file from the
Stork downloads page. The archive will unpack to a directory
3. Run the Stork Slice Manager
Note: you can run the Stork Slice Manager from any directory, but you will always
want to run it from the same directory. The Stork Slice Manager will create and look
for your Stork keys in the directory it is run from.
Change directory to the
stork-enduser-tar-x you extracted and run the
Stork Slice Manager with the command:
This will start the Stork Slice Manager.
4. Things to know about using the Stork Slice Manager
- If keys for the Stork username you entered are not found in the directory
you have run the Stork Slice Manager from, you will be prompted to create a
Stork key pair.
- When you synchronize with the Stork repository, your PlanetLab slice will
have it's plc_initscript_id set so that nodes added to your slice will have
Stork installed automatically.
- When you synchronize with the Stork repository, any nodes you added to
your groups will be automatically added to your PlanetLab slice.
- If you are behind a proxy, you will want to set the following environment
variables in your shell before starting the gui: